I'm a coach's wife, telling a story the best I know how. It's important and I want to get it right! Jump on the train quick for the Temple Wildcats are gathering steam! Their destination is unknown but their desire is for greatness. Prayerfully join us as God unfolds a new chapter. They've all been good but I won't be surprised if He's saved the best for last!

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Cat Fight!




Click here for the whole story!

Wow! What a rough night! Hot, with no breeze, is not my favorite football weather but when

the Wildcats went in at halftime I wasn't complaining. Sweating, but not complaining! 27 - 17.

It was a good start! With flashes of brilliance every now and then. Certainly something to give a

fan hope for the future. Plenty of good stuff happening, on and off the field.


As a spectator, my first Temple High School football game, was a winner! I'm happy to report

the fans are alive and well in Temple Texas, whether they're home are not. What a great turn

out! Wildcat's, you travel well! I couldn't have felt prouder to be apart of you. Impressed by your

passion and enthusiasm, I look forward to the journey ahead. It takes us all to build a team

of champions. Fans play a big role. Your heart is spoken through your words and your words are

powerful. They give life to young ears. Hope to hearts and strength to the soul. I love you

already, without even knowing you because you care. Proudly about your past. Tradition is

so importantly but more importantly, you care about your future.

I have never played football but I can only imagine the thrill those young men

feel, playing this honored game in your 'loud-proud' presence!



It's been a year of starting over. They are never easy. Requiring countless hours. Undying

commitment and staggering energy. It's exhausting (need I mention the heat)! It's a work ethic

that leaves me looking for the nearest Sonic! Thank goodness I'm just a fan watching from a far,

like other fans, thankful that the Wildcats success isn't counting on me.

WOW! You 'Cat's' know how to work!



So, inspite of all their hard work, it's back to the weight room. They'll be watching the game film

and seeing for themselves what we saw last night and perfecting their craft all

season long....one game at a time. In the meantime, while they figure it all out, I hope you will

join me in big collective, 'Keep up the good work, guys!'..........(and girls).....A HUGE thanks to

Coach Prentiss, Coach Skrabanek and their amazing, Student Trainers.



No comments:

Post a Comment